October 12, 2018 / Tokyo, Japan
Japanese startup Cure World Cosplay is using blockchain to serve one of the most untapped niches in the world. According to China Research and Intelligence (CRI), it’s a market that reached $17.8 billion in 2017. When other expenses are factored in, such as travel, accommodation, and ticket prices for conferences, cosplay represents $45 billion in value worldwide.
With Cosplay Token (COT), the company now makes transactions easier for a community of over 720,000 users worldwide. Users who have published over 6.5 million of their creations on the official website. The community’s administrators hope to turn this budding network of enthusiasts into its own self-sustaining market. COT will be used primarily to purchase paid content in what has become the largest cosplay platform.
CEO Junichiro Kawai made a statement on the vision behind the project. “Through our Cosplay Token, we are looking to quantify the cosplay industry and boost the potential market value dramatically, up to five times the size. By providing the community with an easier way to reach financial settlements, while protecting their copyrights and ensuring trust and transparency, we can ensure that players are properly rewarded for their services and increase the sustainability of the cosplay industry.”
Recent developments show that the efforts have started to pay off.
- Fans have responded favorably and become more engaged, especially after the announcement the Cosplay Community Rewards Program winner. After much deliberation, Lady Lemon became the new Cosplay Token Ambassador.
- In September, the team participated in TeamZ Blockchain Summit for Blockchain Week in Tokyo. There, they were met with an eager crowd in a discussion about the challenges and opportunities that have risen for blockchain projects in the Japanese market.
- The event was dovetailed by the community’s response to Tokyo Game Show 2018. Thousands of fans joined in for Collection Night with elaborate costumes. Many of which are featured in the official archive.
- Cure World Cosplay also welcomed prominent leaders to its advisory board. In May, TopChain founder Jiao Guangming brought his experience in securing listings in the Asian market’s most important exchanges: Huobi and OKex. His network of investors has been key to Cosplay Token’s success.
- Yudi Levi, the creator of the Bancor Protocol, also joined the team in March before the token sale. As an advisor, he provided technical support for Bancor’s integration into the platform. All with the goal of providing continuous liquidity for COT token holders.
About Cure World Cosplay
Cure World Cosplay has been operating as a community service for cosplayers and their collaborators all over the world. It is a multi-lingual platform supporting 12 languages, where more than 720,000 members from 180 countries post quality work, counting up to 6.5 million content submissions. The company’s official social media accounts are followed by more than 430,000 people, interacting with users worldwide every day.
Media Contact: Anton Repnikov, [email protected]
The above review statements are those of the sponsor (Source of content) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position or views of the content publisher. The content distribution company is therefore not responsible for the content and its authenticity and legal standing of the above subject matter. Each individual is required to exercise its content when making a purchase from the above offer. The information does not constitute advice or an offer to buy. Any purchase made from the above press release is made at your own risk. Editorial merit of this content is subject to news publisher and its downstream partners. Consult an expert advisor/health and professional advisor before any such purchase. Any purchase made from this link is subject to the final terms and conditions of the website's selling as mentioned in the above as source. The content publisher and its downstream distribution partners do not take any responsibility directly or indirectly. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the company this news is about.
DISCLAIMER of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR PR COMPANY BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOST OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION UPON WHICH ANY SUCH CLAIM IS BASED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AUDIO, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND VIDEOS, OR OF THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR LEGALITY OF ANY STATEMENT MADE IN OR OMITTED FROM ANY advertisement, sponsorship, endorsement, testimonial, opinion, or other product-related or service-related statement or review appearing in the Websites or in ANY post or article distributed via the Websites.
Release ID: 12127