A competent marketing plan is a guarantee of successful monetization of the application and user retention. You already know all the nuances of converting people who just download your app into loyal users. And you're even aware of the motivations that drive users when they delete your app. But still, many developers focus their attention on inflow, retention, while missing one very important detail. This detail is the Churn Rate or outflow of users from the app. Let's figure out why you're losing users. You should think about this problem in advance at the mobile app development stage.
What is Churn Rate?
To start your fight against user loss, you have to understand the very essence. Some say it's right to call it a bounce rate, others assume it's user churn. You can generalize by the simple term "application user lifecycle". The Churn Rate represents the percentage of users who abandon your app over a certain period of time. User churn is directly proportional to the retention rate and has a simple way of calculating it.
How to fight?
The action plan may be something like this:
- Identify the cause. It is necessary to understand why your users refuse you, what is the reason for the outflow.
- The root of evil. In-App events are user activity directly inside the app. Track major In-App events, such as the number of launches, registrations, or purchases, or more complex ones (completion of training, level-ups, and social network reposts). This is a great way to discover ways to optimize your strategy. Below we have compiled a list of the most effective tools that will help you do this.
- Adapt. After you have made an effort to attract organic content, make sure that you have checked which tools of attraction really worked, and which ones should be abandoned. You should tailor all your promotion campaigns relative to your app category and the needs of your users.
- Segment it. Segmenting the app's users will help you find the optimal solution to attract and retain organic content. Since your audience is not the same, you should find an approach to each type of user to avoid the elimination of your application from devices.
- Feedback. You should stop, take a deep breath and understand where you are going, in what direction. Think about effective communication channels with the user. This can be questionnaires, email newsletters, social networks, chats in the app itself. These are not the only methods of obtaining user opinions. But they work, which means they will help you move forward in the fight against losing users.
4 Ways to Eliminate the Causes of Churn Rate
1.Determine who you can still get back and who is gone forever
You must start your strategy with the users who are about to merge. You must act quickly so you don't lose them forever. To discover the priority tasks, you must track the deletions, choosing the best way based on the specifics of the application.
2.Personalize your marketing activities
Once you are sure that the worst is over, and you have brought back the fugitives, and they are enjoying your app again — it's time to focus your attention on the rest of the audience. And especially for those who have been with you for a long time, but for some reason no longer open the app.
- Context. Providing the right context for your user is the key to maintaining user activity, and optimizing your efforts to prevent churn. The right choice of the place, time, and content of the address to the user is half the battle.
- Location is also an important aspect of message personalization. Every person wants to feel exceptional, special, to feel a special attitude towards themselves. Let him feel it so that he will stay with you forever.
- Brightness. A bright push notification is a necessary part of a promotion. Yet, an attractive icon is not the only element of an effective reminder. Push notifications should contain attractive content, framed by pictures, animations, videos, and music. But, everything must be tasteful and exclusively with useful information, the main thing is not to overdo it. If you spam your users with useless information, it does not matter how nice everything is designed. You will only provoke negative emotions in your direction, thus failing your original goals.
3. Check the value of the app
The most valuable weapon in the fight against Churn Rate is your app itself. You need to make sure that your customers are using it for the purpose you originally intended. The reason your users will come back to your app is because of the real benefit it brings them. Again, analyze user actions and see if the form (i.e. your interface) really matches the true content.
In any incomprehensible situation, analyze it. Analyze what is happening, plan ahead, and learn to see threats beforehand. This way, you can understand the development trend of your application and recognize the risks that may already loom on the horizon. Then you don't have to fight your nemesis — Churn Rate, it will simply evaporate.
We can only hope that you have some ideas on how to keep your user from clicking the ill-fated delete button. It is worth adding that each application is designed differently, and the ways of working with users are also different. This article contains a certain knowledge base, from which you can start. Only practice and testing diverse ways will help you solve the churn problem.
Name: Mitchell Natalie Mae
Company: Halvorson LLC
Address: 3694 Westwood Avenue, NY, 11563
The above review statements are those of the sponsor (Source of content) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position or views of the content publisher. The content distribution company is therefore not responsible for the content and its authenticity and legal standing of the above subject matter. Each individual is required to exercise its content when making a purchase from the above offer. The information does not constitute advice or an offer to buy. Any purchase made from the above press release is made at your own risk. Consult an expert advisor/health and professional advisor before any such purchase. Any purchase made from this link is subject to the final terms and conditions of the website's selling as mentioned in the above as source. The content publisher and its downstream distribution partners do not take any responsibility directly or indirectly. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the company this news is about.
DISCLAIMER of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR PR COMPANY BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOST OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION UPON WHICH ANY SUCH CLAIM IS BASED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AUDIO, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND VIDEOS, OR OF THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR LEGALITY OF ANY STATEMENT MADE IN OR OMITTED FROM ANY advertisement, sponsorship, endorsement, testimonial, opinion, or other product-related or service-related statement or review appearing in the Websites or in ANY post or article distributed via the Websites.
Release ID: 17558